Motion to Modify Child Support

Are you paying child support but your circumstances have changed? Watch this video to learn how a motion to modify child support can offer some relief.


How can I stop paying support if my child moves in with me?


If you’re here and you’re involved in a custody dispute in New Jersey, one of the questions you may have is what to do if a child changes where they live, for example if they used to live with your spouse and are now coming to live with you.Motion to Modify Child SupportGenerally, there will be a child support order that will have been put in place regarding your prior arrangements. Obviously, that no longer takes effect anymore because the situation has changed. You have the absolute right to go back to court and to ask the judge to modify your child support so that in most cases, instead of paying support, you’ll be receiving support from the other spouse.

Are you or a loved one dealing with a family law matter and have questions about a motion to modify child support? Contact New Jersey child support attorney Bart W. Lombardo for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you.

Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel