Denied Access to Marital Funds

Are you being denied access to marital funds while going through a divorce? Watch this video to see how we can help you obtain the money you deserve.

Read Our FREE Divorce Guide


What should I do if i’m being denied access to our money?


If you’re considering divorce, one of the questions people often have is, “What happens if my spouse shuts off my access to funds?” Essentially, they’re turning off your ability to pay your bills. One of the first things you’ll have to do, after contacting your attorney of course, is to petition the court to have those funds released to you. To be able to pay your bills, to be able to support yourself, is something that is vitally important to any core process.Denied Access to Marital FundsConversely, if you’re the spouse that is trying to start this process by shutting off the financial reserves to your soon-to-be former spouse, we would advise against that. To show that to the judge as your first effort in trying to move through a divorce process generally does not work out well.

Are you or a loved one thinking about leaving a marriage and have questions about being denied access to marital funds? Contact New Jersey divorce lawyer Bart W. Lombardo for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you.

Like Us on Facebook