Changing a Custody Order

Have you had a change of circumstances and need help changing a custody order? Watch this video to learn how our New Jersey attorneys can help you


How can I change my child custody order in New Jersey?


If you’re here, you might have questions concerning child custody as it pertains to the law of New Jersey. One of the questions that I’m often asked is, “How can I modify or change custody after I’ve been divorced?” It will require you going to court or negotiating with your former spouse on a concept of change and circumstances.Changing a Custody OrderFor instance, if you came to me and said, “Bart, I have kids I don’t get to see anymore. Why I can’t see them is because I had a job out-of-state.” Now, you might come to me and say, “My job is close to home. I have more time.” Well, that would constitute a change in custody, allowing us to reopen your custody decision to get you more time.

Are you or a loved one dealing with a family law matter and have questions about changing a custody order in New Jersey? Contact New Jersey child custody attorney Bart W. Lombardo for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you.

Like Us on Facebook